Generally, people with an eating disorder suffer from a low-self esteem, they are subconsciously looking for acceptance. This low self-esteem leads to obsessive and destructive behaviours, especially related to food and exercise.
I’ve always had a very low self-esteem, however, I feel like the following points have helped me to boost my self-esteem a little bit the past few years:
1) Stop comparing yourself to others! Comparising myself to others made me feel worthless and bad. Not comparising yourself to others makes you realise you don’t have to compete against others in order to be valuable ❤️
2) Learn to say “no”! I always used to say yes to everything people asked me to do and never put my own needs into account. If you start saying more “no” it might confuse others at the beginning, but you’ll be able to see what YOU really need and what priorities you have.
3) Try compliment yourself. Sounds absolutely stupid but the more positive you think about yourself, the more you’ll value yourself with time.
4) Forgive yourself and focus on what you have achieved! I used to dwell so much in the past and if I made mistakes (in whatever situation) I would beat myself up over it for months! Making mistakes is human and we learn by making mistakes! So forget them and focus on what you’ve learned or achieved!✨
5) Surround yourself with positivity. You don’t need people who don’t appreciate you or always bring you down, also you don’t need friends who talk behind your back about you. Just leave them and be with people who see the best in you and support you and are honest. I think this is so important, having great people around you makes you feel so much better about yourself!
6) RESPECT YOURSELF. You’re a valuable person, be who you are and respect yourself and your body.
Building up self-esteem isn’t easy and takes years! As I said, these are some things that have helped me to boost my self-esteem a little but I still have a long way to go, too. But I’m sure one day I’ll get there🌝
Ok ok- I miss wine! There I said it. However, I’m strong enough to not give in. I’m strong enough to not quit on me.
It might be Blue Monday... but I’m not going to let it get me.
Did you know only 9.2 percent of people actually achieve their New Year’s resolutions and break free of the bad habit for good?
By Blue Monday, majority have already quit on their resolutions.
Why? Because people live in their comfort zones because it’s their safe zone.
Have you said to yourself, “I’m going to start tomorrow” or “I want to do that” or “I want something different”... and you find yourself back where you were before with the same results.
Guess what? YOU’RE HUMAN AND IT’S OK!
But don’t settle.
Don’t stay there.
The few that make the change are the ones that trust that TIME AND PATIENCE are the key to it.
1. Are you grateful?
2. Do you read and/or meditate?
3. Do you journal?
4. Are you fueling your body with the right foods?
5. Are you seeking help if you need it?
6. Do you perform acts of kindness?
7. Do you embrace your fears?
8. Do you know failure is part of success?
9. Do you actively listen?
10. Do you let go of the small stuff?
11. Do you speak highly of others?
12. Do you trust the timing of your personal journey?
13. Do you forgive yourself and others?
14. Do you actually enjoy having fun?
15. Are you present?
16. Do you travel?
17. Do you speak to the universe?
18. Do you celebrate your small wins?
19. Do you surround yourself with like minded people?
20. Do you set intentions?
21. Do you change when it’s needed?
22. Do you focus on what you can control?
If you cannot say YES to all of these questions, you’re not alone.
Use this list to guide you and check things off as you grow this year.
You deserve to be in that 9.2%. You deserve the best life possible.
142817 hours ago
4 дня пытаюсь жить без сахара.
Почему я такая гоооолоооодная все время?!🥴
Why am I so thrilled about these little capsules? 🌿 It’s our newest product and it’s rocking my world! A couple of things that make my body happy happy…it’s packed with adaptogens ❤️ which are known to help prevent fatigue, stress, and increases cognitive function. Have you ever heard of 21st century stress? It’s that environmental stress we get as a result of overstimulation and not enough downtime. You may think of it as burnout…it’s one of the greatest epidemics in Western society. 🌿 I love it for the benefits to assist adrenals and hormone production too. 🌿 It’s also packed full of plant-based ingredients, herbs, and amino acids. It just helps my body cope in today’s world!! The things I’ve noticed 👀 the most over the last 30 days is that I’m happy, chill, not very hungry which has helped me make great food decisions to fuel my body, sleeping like a dead rock 💀 high energy during the day☀️and it’s been great for my pre-workout. Like GREAT! I love that my stomach is flatter too! 👙Okay, just one more thing that I love…it has grains of paradise in it! You know the craze right now with cryogenics or cryotherapy? ❄️Yep, this has some of the same health benefits but you don’t have to get into an ice bath 🛀 to get it! I’m going to share more about my story going forward so let me know if you want to hear more…I’ll make sure you’re part of it.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself! I’m Haelyn, the founder of FMM. I have been up to my nose and swimming in orders for shirts, and I’m so excited to represent all of you. Whether you be a supporter of women, an influencer or just the old nitty-gritty, forward thinking veteran, this brand considers you part of the family. Our motto here is “Strength Through Each Other.” This means representing women through equality, capability and strength. I’m honored to watch this family grow. Anyways, here’s me trying to pose aesthetically in our Opha Tee. As you can see, I’m not much of a model, so I’ll leave that to y’all. Shirts are being mailed out tomorrow and I can’t wait to see your awesome faces in them! #marines#army#navy#coastguard#usmc#veterans#strongwomen#gymwomen
I love a walk by the riverbank for so many reasons. Walking outdoors puts me in a positive frame of mind - plus It actually burns more calories than walking on a treadmill. I take a long stride - heel - toe- then squeeze my glutes which creates a great pace too!💋xoxo
This is my smile: big and dorkie! If I told you that being my healthiest and strongest has brought me such much happiness and confidence, would you believe me?? I started my fitness journey the be healthier but never imagined how much I would grow and be confident with myself, love myself as much as I do💕 and for that My mission is simple, I want to help others especially women be their happiest, strongest and the best version of themselves through fitness and health ❤️💕
1116 hours ago
@bad.athletics is not another fitness brand focused on boobs, butts and objectifying women. We are building an army of strong women who are training for a purpose, know their worth and are ready to fight for their goals and what they deserve. ⠀
We will literally give you all the tools you need to succeed. I can't wait to help you achieve your goals, become more confident and grow stronger physically and mentally. ⠀
Our army is gathering now and if you want to be a part of our founders group who will get early access, best pricing AND entered into our first giveaway of a #badathlete package, go to the link in my bio and get on our email list.
81216 hours ago
🔹Make. A. Move.🔹 I may not know a lot of things, but I do know that doing SOMETHING pretty much always feels better than doing nothing when it comes to working toward what you want. 🔹 maybe you have no idea what the next step is; maybe it feels like a complete shot in the dark and so you convince yourself it’s not worth doing at all; maybe you only have one idea of what to do next and you KNOW it’s not reaaally the thing that’s going to push you forward- and you know what, you may be absolutely right.🔹 but whether your next step is in the right direction or totally in the wrong one, I DO know that it’s much easier to redirect a train that’s already moving than it is to shove it into motion from a complete standstill.🔹 build your momentum; redirect as needed.🔹we try, we fail, we learn, we grow; and hopefully we keep doing it over and over and over and over🔹📸: @shots_by_kz